Wednesday 27 August 2014

House Teams Compete for the Ultimate Points

RED, YELLOW, GREEN and BLUE, WE ARE MIGHTY! WE ARE TRUE!

Did I grab your attention? Did I make you wonder what has happened at Tautoro School? I hope I did.

Last Friday, we had over 100 kids screaming the house down saying that their house was the best. I don't know why as YELLOW TEAM will always be the BEST! Plus I hear yellow is the symbol for KNOWLEDGE and WINNING. Am I biased - Yeah! I even wore my best yellow sun glasses, I think I even out shone the sun.

Why were these kids screaming? Well Tautoro school held their annual Cross Country Whanau Day on Friday 22nd August. This event was held so that our tamariki could participate in daily physical exercise, beat their personal best time, have fun and of course find out who was going to represent Tautoro School at the Mid North Ohaeawai Cross Country Competition.

After the Opening Ceremony, Team Cheer (Sad to say I thought Red Team was the best), Queen's Batton Relay and Speech we all trundled off down to the Padlie Farm and each student either participated in their age race or Walker's Club. I even hear we had a few parents participating with our walkers.

We had a great day, full of laughter, praise and applause. Well done Tautoro.

Our Yellow Team Mascot - Korsena, with support daffodil; Amira

Kyral and Ronaldo

My thumb with Waimate and Tipi

Victor-Jack 1st in 5 Year Olds

A great day in the sun.

Are you ready 11 year olds?

Competitive to the bitter end.

A new experience for one of our new students.

Walking back to school selfie!!!!

Give Room 6 the ipad - Selfie!!!!

Yellow

Blue

Green

Red

Sitting in the glorious sun.

Whaea Meri leads the front.

Followed by ??????

A Red cheer.

Yellow not impressed.

What do you think Journey?

Harlym

A Blue cheer.

Sunny top Miss Simeon.

Don't forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment