Wednesday 9 April 2014

Is there a link between extra work on our classroom sites and students achieving?

Yesterday I tested Room 6 using IKAN assessment tool and I received a very pleasant surprise. Why?...
I have been making daily checks to see who has been accesses IXL, Manga High, Study Ladder and my learning games that focuses on the WALT that I have been teaching that week. I have noted that Demetrius, Chozen and Lizzy (All in my Porohita group at Stage 6) have visited these sites during their homework time.
Today when I collated the IKAN results I found Demetrius, Chozen and Lizzy were higher in Number Knowledge, than the other students in Porohita AND Tapatoro (My beginning Stage 7 group.) These 3 girls are at Stage 7 in IKAN - Number Knowledge, while the rest are still at Stage 6. Well done GIRLS.
Is there a connection? I hope so! If you do have internet at home, please let your child work on my set tasks I have stated on the Room 6 class site.

https://sites.google.com/a/tautoroschool.co.nz/room-6/


Demetrius



Chozen


Lizzy




No comments:

Post a Comment